Do we feel that we are very busy and left with no time? Are others perceiving you as a busy person? Perceived as a 'busy person' shows that I am not managing my time well and not giving enough time to people. Most times we are not aware of where the time is leaking. I found that I was addicted to a word game and playing mostly in my free time. Also I was listening to the same song hundreds of times during my commute to office. I felt it was OK as long as I am enjoying doing this. But was unaware that it took away all my time of doing something more productive and useful. As you know our children are our best critics. My children had noticed my addiction to the word game and one of them suggested me to read a book 'Dopamine Detox'. It talks about how we indulge in certain stimulations and we continue to enjoy those stimulations. Like the social media, we continue to watch video after video. The media also gives us several suggestions of related videos to get indulged. When I watch a movie, I don't end with that. I come home and watch a lot of videos about the making of the movie and several interviews of the movie crew. It does not give satisfaction until you are exhausted. Also notice that passengers travelling in a metro are all engaged in their mobile phones. That is probably we have forgotten to be in a doing nothing state. We need constant stimulation to keep us happy. Are we not the losers of that 'precious time'.
Monday, June 6, 2022
Are you busy?
Similarly food. We indulge in eating all those unhealthy foods as we know that at the click of a button somebody ( Swiggy, Zomato...) will deliver to our door step and finally we end up with unlimited cravings and become more lazy. How many of us have decided 'no outside food' from tomorrow but we again fall back to the same trap.
Now it is difficult to recollect how we lived our days with no mobiles and no social media. How we took a paper and a pen to write letters to our friends? How we got excited about the home cooked food?
Atleast now we can attempt to live life with greater awareness of these stimulations.
If we are less organized there is more clutter and outside world perceives you to be very busy. Is it not right time we look into where are the time leaks which is making us unproductive? Which are the unwanted stimulations that have a dopamine effect on us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment